The JEZEBEL SPIRIT, is an evil spirit obsessed with domination and obtaining control in realms of authority, that operates through witchcraft/sorcery to achieve its goal. The covert operations of the Jezebel Spirit remains to be one of the most prevalent and dastardly problems in all of Christendom—in families and businesses of believers, churches/ministries, and every other arena of interrelations of believers—as well as in every segment of secular society where human relationships exist. In psychology, the effects produced by this demonic spirit are known as “narcissism,” or Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) in clinical cases (see, DSM-IV). While as a deliverance counselor with Doctoral Diplomate Christian Counseling Board Certification, I personally believe effective therapeutic relief from the effects of NPD requires deliverance (casting out of demons), the Mayo Clinic has published an information-rich and enlightening article on NPD, which, due to unusual copyright restrictions I am constrained from citing, that you can read by CLICKING HERE. [See also “How To Identify A Female Narcissist” below this article.] The references in the Bible to two different women with the name “Jezebel” are portrayed by the Spirit as being classic narcissists.
[CLICK HERE for a paratial list of the characteristics of narcissism]
Jezebel is a decimating spirit, that if not discerned, uncovered, and resisted via the supernatural gifts of the Spirit and effectual spiritual warfare, often produces catastrophe and tragedy in the lives of those it targets. It is one of the most unrelenting and dogged evil spirits in all of Satan’s fiefdom, that if unable to completely destroy, in the meanwhile will do all in its power then to neutralize its human target through an almost endless array of dastardly, demonic wiles and schemes that defy common human prescience. Personally, I believe this is the evil spirit behind abortion. It certainly, without any doubt, is the demonic spirit behind extreme and aggressive feminism that has wreaked untold decimation in every aspect of American society, including ecclesiastical.
The JEZEBEL SPIRIT operates through an unholy alliance with one of the most powerful demon spirits there are: THE PYTHON SPIRIT (divination, sorcery, witchcraft). Undetected and unresisted these spirits will wrap themselves around the soul (mind, will, and emotions) of unsuspecting and unwary victims like a PYTHON snake, and do what a real python snake does to its victims in the natural—i.e., begin to crush their chest, lungs, and trachea, until the victim cannot breathe, as a means to a slow, agonizing death! Jezebel wants to KILL YOU! and will stop at nothing in an attempt to do so, unless it is countered through spiritual warfare employing spiritual weapons.
When you are under spiritual attack of this spirit, you will have episodes in which you literally cannot BREATHE, and feel like you are going to asphyxiate and DIE! It often manifests in the form of SEVERE ANXIETY or PANIC ATTACKS! It will wrap itself around you and continue to squeeze you—mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and even physically!
MINISTERS—PROPHETS AND PROPHETIC PEOPLE, in particular—are its most desired TARGET! Jezebel’s number one enemy—the enemy that spirit fears the most—is the PROPHETIC ANOINTING!
Strong and effectual SPIRITUAL WARFARE employing all the “weapons of OUR warfare,” which “are not CARNAL, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds” (2 Cor. 10:4), is absolutely essential in defeating these POWERFUL spirits!
If you are under attack by these spirits, don’t try to battle alone. Rather, reach out for help from other Bible-believing, devil-chasing, Fire-Baptized believers, who know how and are experienced at spiritual warfare and casting out of demons; i.e., deliverance.
And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.” (Luke 10:18)
In 2004, I learned in extremely dramatic fashion that the JEZEBEL SPIRIT is really not an earth-bound demon, but rather a PRINCIPALITY, when it literally physically appeared at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night as I was in a deep-sleep, declaring in the most eerie voice I’ve ever heard, “I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” It appeared like a cloud-like specter in the room, and the voice came out of the cloud. I shouted out the name of Jesus, and it…POOF!…disappeared. The room temperature literally dropped down to below freezing instantly when the PRINCIPALITY entered the room, which is what woke me up. I was shaking uncontrollably both from the cold and terror, and yelled out to the Lord, “WHAT WAS THAT?” He immediately answered, “IT WAS THE PRINCIPALITY JEZEBEL!” I queried Him, “Jezebel is a PRINCIPALITY?” He immediately responded, “YES, and it is obsessed with killing you, and has been trying to kill you since the day you were born, and you almost died that day when you were born (which was true), but for My COMMAND to Satan that he COULD NOT KILL YOU!”
HALLELUJAH! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!
Two weeks later, again a freakish, in the middle of the night event transpired. I was startled awake out of a deep-sleep by an explosive “CRACK” that sounded like an exploding incoming mortar round! Somehow, I immediately knew what it was—a lightning strike! Seconds later I was smelling smoke, as I grabbed some shoes and pants and a flashlight and ran outside to see what I could see on the roof of the house. Some smoke billowed through the roof, and I saw only a quick flash of light showing through the boards of the roof, but it was just a flash, which my mind was not capable of processing at the time. A call to 911, one trusts, alerts the nearest fire station, which in this case was only about two miles down the road. But, after a minute or two, I still had not heard any sirens, and something inside me told me something was wrong, so I jumped in the car and sped down the road as fast as the car would go to the fire station, and sure enough, what I was concerned about was indeed the case—both firetrucks were out on another call. By now torrential rains from the flash storm that the lightning flash was associated with were falling. I drove back to the house, calling 911 again on the way and calling out to Jesus to protect the house and all my possessions inside, and when I got back the two big fire-engines were turning down the other end of the street. Fireman quickly entered the house, hauling in their huge fire-hoses, and doing what firemen do at a fire. I smelled smoke, but I saw no flames, and was hoping and praying for a miracle. After about only five minutes, the captain of the crew came out of the house with his helmet off, and making a beeline for me, at a brisk pace. He sort of shouted at me in what seemed to be a somewhat angry demeanor, “WHO PUT OUT THE FIRE?”
In the semi-dazed state I was in, I wasn’t sure that what I thought he asked was really right, so I said, “Excuse me, Sir?” Again, he shouted at me fairly close to my face, like my old drill sergeant in Army boot camp, in the pitch darkness except for the lights of the fire trucks, “WHO PUT OUT THE FIRE?!” Again, I had to take a second to process what he was asking me, and I replied, “What do you mean, ‘Who put out the fire?'”
He yelled back over the load roar of the running fire-engines, “SOMEONE put that fire out up in the attic of that house! We can see where every board and rafter in that attic was flashed by fire, but it’s as if a hurricane-force wind came into that attic and instantaneously blew that fire completely out! In my thirty-year career, I’ve NEVER seen anything even remotely like THAT! The roof of that house should be burning right now! WHO DID THAT?!”
With him yelling in my face, the only answer I could come up with is the one I shout back, “JESUS!” HALLELUJAH! His response was, “Mister, I think you’re right! I think we’ve just witness a real modern-day MIRACLE!” Then, HE shouted, “HALLELUJAH! PRAISE GOD!”
There was some fire damage in the attic and more damage caused by the firemen and all they did to reach the attic and put thousands of gallons of water on the interior of the attic and on their way to it, but the insurance claim took care of repairing all the damage.
When the firemen were gone and I was doing my best to go back to sleep, the Lord told me, the culprit was that Jezebel principality that had vowed to kill me. But, once again, God intervened, and kept me. My belief is that the Lord allowed that incident to transpire to prove to me in a very dramatic and unforgettable way that the principality called Jezebel is real, and really powerful, and if it wasn’t that “greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world,” the house could have burned down with all my possessions inside, and possibly even worse. “BUT GOD!” HALLELUJAH!
Jezebel is REAL, and Jezebel, like its supreme commander, wants to steal, kill, and destroy! AND IT DESPISES AND DESPERATELY FEARS PROPHETS!
Since the day my mother was giving birth to me, Jezebel has been doing all it can to attempt to KILL ME! BUT GOD! The Lord has kept me and has prevented that spirit from having its way over me scores and scores of times through the course of my now nearly 64 years! Praise God!
Time and time again, I have battled Jezebel over the course of my three and a half decades of ministry. At times, it has seemed that I was swimming in and surrounded by Jezebels. Jezebels here; Jezebels there; everywhere I go, JEZEBELS! Somehow, wherever I go, they are there! They seek me out! They show up everywhere I go. They are drawn like moths to fire to my meetings. I conduct a meeting, and it’s guaranteed the Jezebels will show up! I minister at a church, and the Jezebels come out from the woodwork and slither out from their dens under the rocks! Over and over and over, circumstances have been devised by card-carrying, certified JEZEBELS, attempting to hinder or if they could, stop me and my ministry! But, I guess I’m like a Timex watch, no matter what, I just keep on ticking! It must literally DRIVE THEM CRAZY that they can’t stop me and this God-ordained, God-anointed, God-appointed ministry that carries on through this “earthen vessel.”
But, OH! How I know that the JEZEBEL SPIRIT is REAL! It exists! No one can tell me any different! Now, I can actually say I’ve seen it with my own eyes!
In 1988, I delivered a powerful, poignant, and revealing message on the Jezebel Spirit. In it, I identify, in great detail, the essence of the the Jezebel Spirit, its charactersistics, and how to recognize when it is in operation. God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hos. 4:6). Any trained soldier will tell you that most important knowledge he receives during his combat training, next to knowledge about the weaponry available to him to combat the enemy, is knowledge concerning the enemy and his tactics and strategies. KNOW YOUR ENEMY! I urge you to buy and download the message on the Jezebel Spirit to learn all you can about this dastardly principality named, Jezebel, and then listen to the message over and over and over. To do so, simply click on the “Buy Now” button below.
Here’s a free excerpt of the message:
Characteristics of the Jezebel Spirit
- Despiser of Authority (by extension, Order and Anointing)
- Interloper/Usurper — seeks authority, elevation, ascendancy (“teaches and leads My bondservants astray”), usually to positions and functions to which they are not anointed (gifted), appointed, and called by God (“climbs up some other way” rather than entering through the door of Christ as the Head of the Church)
- Personally unaccountable to proper authorities—accountable to no one, anti-submissive—though usually harps on being submitted, accountable, under authority (“Law unto themselves”)
- Seditious/subversive — opposes/works contrary to authority — strategizes to:
- Compromise legitimate authority(ies) [leaders]
- Undermine legitimate authority(ies) [leaders]
- Malign legitimate authority(ies) [leaders]
- Views leadership as dictatorial, dominating (sees vertical relationships)
- Favors indirect (delegated) or de facto authority, behind the scenes, vis-à-vis genuine properly appointed leadership (e.g., Queen Jezebel and King Ahab)
- Despises/rejects genuine authority, especially male leadership
- Secretly has own agenda, which is entirely self-centered
- Claims to be a super-intercessor, seeks to lead intercessors
- Flatterer/sycophant (A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.)
- Despiser of Prophetic
- Despises genuine prophetic—prophets, prophecy
- Despises genuine prophetic function
- Purports to be prophetically gifted (“calls herself a prophet”), which gifting seems to be valid because the person is clairvoyant and operates in a spirit of divination; the supposed prophetic gift is a counterfeit
- Misuses/abuses prophetic for personal gain
- Anti-Christ / Anti-Cross / Anti-repentance
- Covetousness, greed, self-indulgence, selfish ambition, sensual appetites — seeks:
- power, prestige, prominence, preeminence, position
- inordinate recognition and praise
- No real, proper relationships, except those where in control or predominant — “Jezebel” = “Non-cohabiter, unchaste”
- Seeks vicarious/delegated authority (forges close relationships with leadership):
- pastoral approbation (approval, sanctioning)
- prophetic approbation
- political/popular approbation
- Mystical (Religious Spirit) [Spooky Spiritual] —
- false super-spirituality, piety (often overtly demonstrative in worship)
- spiritual pride (rooted in inferiority, low self-esteem)
- always puts a mystical, unreal, surreal spin on everything
- loquacious — loves to talk, loves to hear self talk
- drawn to mystical doctrines and doctrinal interpretation
- purports to have received an inordinate, unrealistic quantity of dreams, visions, prophetic words
- unrealistic — despises and does not want to hear the true facts
- disdains pragmatism — sees it as undue limitations
- Demonstrates false humility —
- Martyr (Martha) Spirit, feigns humility, claims to be a humble servant
- False burdens
- Self-pity, persecution complex, claims to be often misunderstood
- Master deceiver — under guise of spirituality (often prophetic)
- Operates from a hidden/masked root of bitterness
- Hypocritical (two-faced) — private conduct does not match public persona
- Operates in overt sorcery, witchcraft in all relationships —
- Dominating —
- always must have upper hand
- must be the leader, cannot follow
- often outwardly manifests a strident “confidence” that presents as being an extreme boldness (really hubris, void of meekness, modesty) — it has a definite sound that can be heard through the discerning of spirits — it is boisterous, vociferous, and boastful
- Controlling — always must be in charge, above, over; otherwise will be uncooperative, contrary, and subversive
- Condescending — demeaning, abasing, views everyone else as inferior
- Oppressive — subjugating, condemning, censorial, judgmental of others with different standard for self, abusive, confining,
- Manipulative—use sexuality/sensuality to seduce and thereby manipulate; “In the last time there shall be mockers, following after their own ungodly LUSTS” (Jude 1:18); guilefully (serpentine), blame-shifter
- Seeks out passive, insecure, fearful people to dominate and subjugate
- Divisive—”divide and conquer” strategy; “These are the ones who cause divisions worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit” (Jude 1:19)
- Iniquitous — crooked, perverted — perverts proper order (Sodom/Gomorrah Spirit)
- Dominate spouse — make eunuchs or Ahabs out of passive husbands, or select spouses who are prone to being dominated
- Effeminate, emasculate sons (often become homosexuals) [Sodom]
- Masculinize daughters (often are tom-boyish and/or homosexuals) [Gomorrah]
- Dominating —
- Attempts to take credit for all good things, refuses to give credit or recognition to others who contributed, denies culpability for and blames others for bad things that happen and bad outcomes and failures
- Egocentric/Narcissistic — self-absorbed, self-exalting, self-glorifying, self-aggrandizing, self-serving, self-seeking, self-appointing, etc.
- Undisciplined, unruly — usually in many aspects of personal and family life — “Jezebel” also means “unchaste” (immoral, impure, indecent, unholy, deviant) [often accompanied by unclean spirits]
- Jezebel is a spirit of ultimate rebellion — against all legitimate authority —
- Self-willed (independent)
- Disobedient, rebellious
- Rejects all legitimate authority — non-compliant, uncooperative, contentious (“angry and contentious woman”), contrary, defiant
- Incorrigible — will not accept correction or critcism; always denies culpability; obfuscates
- Blind to, cannot recognize real faults, weaknesses
- Incapable of admitting fault, blame, error, or being wrong
- Self-justifying, self-excusing—denies,denies,denies
- Seductive — spirit of harlotry — equi-genderally (can manifest through males and females equally):
- Enchanter (See: Deu. 18:9-12)
How to Identify a Female Narcissist
- She dresses provocatively, flaunting sexually suggestive body parts.
- She focuses attention on makeup and hair, even for the most mundane tasks or events.
- She is overly confident about her looks. Research shows that narcissists are no more attractive than other people, but they believe they are much better looking than other women.
- She places high value on brand names, and feels entitled to wear “the best.” She frequently purchases new clothing, and does not distinguish between wants and needs.
- She is more likely to have plastic surgery, most commonly breast augmentation.
- She enjoys being photographed, and often asks others to snap her picture. She enthusiastically shares the best pics of herself on Facebook or other social media sites. She will sometimes invest in a professional photographer for a portrait that she uses on Facebook or for online dating.
- She insists on being the center of attention, and is often the most charming person in the room. Narcissists are very outgoing and excel at marketing themselves.
- She often seeks favorable treatment, and automatic compliance. She believes that she is special, and that she deserves fame, fortune, success and happiness.
- She is highly materialistic.
- She is prone to envy, though she presents as supremely confident. She seeks opportunities to undermine others, and enjoys sharing confidences about how the two of you are better than others.
- She is convinced that others are envious and jealous of her, and often uses this excuse for her lack of real, intimate friendships. When her friends enjoy successes of their own, she finds ways to punish them by downplaying their achievements.
- She lacks empathy, and even common courtesy at times. She puts others down, including you. She does not hesitate to exploit others.
- She is very competitive.
- She believes that she is intellectually superior to her peers.
- She blames others for problems. Narcissists don’t believe that they make mistakes, and lack the ability to process shame.
- She displays a haughty attitude when she lets her guard down or is confronted. She will act impatient, arrogant and condescending. She will often excuse her own shortcomings by claiming that others are pressuring her or expecting too much of her.
- She is dishonest and often lies to get what she wants. She will never admit this.
- She is “psycho:” She engages in risky behaviors, has an addictive personality, and is prone to aggressive behavior when rejected. (Note: This is most common with Histrionic Personality Disorder.)
- She is unpredictable in her moods and actions. You have trouble figuring out what she wants and where you stand.
- She is capable of short-term regret, and will apologize profusely if backed into a corner. However, she will quickly rationalize her behavior and return to narcissistic patterns.
[Author: Susan Walsh; Source: http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2010/06/28/relationshipstrategies/20-identifiable-traits-of-a-female-narcissist/; accessed 5-14-13]
Dr. Steven Lambert was ordained in 1977 and holds several earned graduate/post-graduate degrees. Over more than four decades in ministry, he has served as a pastor, radio/TV host, adjunct-professor, Board Certified Doctoral Diplomate Christian Therapist/Counselor, and a speaker/commentator on a range of social, political, and theological issues, particularly as a recognized authority on the matter of ecclesiastical authoritarian abuse. He is the founder/Overseer of Ephesians Four Network (ephesiansfour.net) and its subsidiary, Ephesians Four Network of Deliverance Counselors (efndc.ephesiansfour.net). Dr. Lambert authored several books (catalog at realtruthpublications.com), many published articles, and is the founder/editor of Spirit Life Magazine (spiritlifemag.com). His bio, extensive blog, and scheduling information are available on his ministry website at: http://www.slm.org. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Thanks for reading this article! If you enjoy the spiritually enriching articles on Spirit Life Magazine, please sign up to receive new articles via email immediately when they are posted simply by entering your email address in the "Articles Via Email" widget located on this page toward the top of the right-sidebar. Just below that widget is another widget—"Newsletter Sign-up"—you can use to subscribe to our newsletter we send out periodically to inform you of all our new articles and occasionally other information as well. Please know that we do not bombard your inbox with emails, and we hate SPAM just as much as you do, thus we will never sell/share your contact info with anyone else—rest assured it's safe with us! We hope you will subscribe to both lists because it's by far the easiest, fastest, and surest way to notify you of new posts. Thank you!
Spirit Life Magazine does not necessarily agree with the totality of the opinions, beliefs or philosophies of the authors of articles posted on the website, nor does the posting of articles represent an endorsement of authors other than our own authors/editors. Spirit Life Magazine is a publication of Real Truth Publications.
If you enjoyed this or any of the articles on Spirit Life Magazine, please click on the PayPal® Donate Button below to make a donation to help us with the costs of maintaining this online magazine. A PayPal® account is not required to use the PayPal® gateway, you can pay with debit/credit card or an e-Check from your bank. It's fast and secure! Thank you!