Editor’s Note: We publish this concise article as part of a mosaic of articles we’ve posted in the interest of demonstrating clear and irrefutable evidence that, contrary to the nascent ecumenically motivated push by many claiming to be legitimate Evangelicals, neither Islam nor Mormonism are consistent with orthodox/Biblical Christianity. We find it tellingly interesting that this push coincides with a time in history when this nation has in office a President of undeniable and undenied Muslim heritage, who claims to be Christian, but whose policies and actions, both foreign and domestic, clearly reflect Muslim biases and patronage, and when a multi-generational Mormon, who inexplicably and antithetically claims Jesus Christ is his personal Savior, is a leading candidate of the opposing party seeking to unseat the incumbent President in this year’s election. Our belief and stance is that to in any way buy in to these totally unscriptural and unspiritual attempts to somehow narrow the great chasm separating legitimate Christianity with Islam or Mormonism is essentially a giant leap off the cliff to a precipitous free-fall into outright apostasy. This matter, we believe, intrinsically is neither a social nor a political issue, but a spiritual and a Kingdom issue. The profession of Christ, which is the ageless stumbling block that every human being who has ever lived and who will ever live are confronted with, is that He Himself is THE exclusive Way to God and Eternal communion with God, THE only Truth, and THE Eternal Life and Source of Life. Moreover, the profession of the Word of God, which Jesus Christ is, is that He is THE King of Kings and Lord of Lords, whose Kingdom shall have no end, and there are no coequals or contenders. Jesus Christ is both the Alpha (Beginning) and the Omega (End) in His inimitable Kingdom, and that excludes and eliminates all others. Either Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Buddha, and all the other self-proclaimed messiahs and their “sacred books” were right, or Jesus Christ and The Bible are right, but it can’t be both. Thus, for authentic believers in Christ there are no spiritual alterations, no social compromises, no political plumbing to find the middle. Period. Any and all of that is only the work and philosophies of “CINOs” — Christians-in-Name-Only.[end Editor’s Note]
The Similarities of Muhammad and Joseph Smith
By Eric Barger
A Comparison Between Islam (founder, Muhammad) and Mormonism (founder, Joseph Smith)
- Each claimed to be visited and guided by an angel.
- Each was allegedly given visions.
- Each was told that no true religion existed on the earth.
- Each claimed to be sent to restore the long lost faith as the one true religion.
- Each had a book produced from his teachings claiming to be “inspired by God.”
- Each claimed to be illiterate or uneducated and used this as proof the book was inspired.
- Each claimed the Bible was lost, altered, corrupted and unreliable.
- Each claimed his new holy book was the most correct and perfect book on earth.
- Each claimed to be a final prophet of God.
- Each claimed he was persecuted because of his pure faith.
- Each was a polygamist who had many wives.
- Each borrowed from paganism/polytheism.
- Immediately after their deaths, fights broke out from among the “faithful converts” as to who would succeed the deceased prophet.
- Each of their religions has those who follow the “original doctrine” and like both Muhammad and Smith, have exhibited violence, are polygamists, and have claimed spiritual revelation to justify evil actions.
- Both Islam and Mormonism claim to hold strictly to the path of their founders yet they are at least partially led by progressive revelation. (“New” revelation always replaces older revelation that becomes inconvenient to the current leaders.)
- Islam and Mormonism each sanction deception – even lying about their doctrines and true intentions – for the good of the cause of their religion. In Mormonism it is acceptable to obfuscate on one’s affiliations and beliefs to non-Mormons and to new Mormon recruits under the ‘principle’ of milk before meat. In Islam, Surah 4:142 of the Qur’an clearly teaches the practice of of deception for the good of Islam. These are the Islamic edicts of “Kitman,” which is half truths meant to mislead an infidel and “Taqiyya” which is complete deception to subvert and deceive unbelievers.
- Neither Islam nor Mormonism offers true salvation and a path to eternity with God.
After spending two decades immersed in the world as a record producer, rock musician, drug addict, and New Ager, Eric Barger (pronounced Bar-jer) is now widely recognized in the area of Christian Apologetics Ministry. Eric’s Take A Stand! Ministries confronts both the culture and the Church, focusing on the Cults, World Religions, the Occult, Spiritual Warfare and most particularly the troubling unbiblical trends and doctrinal issues facing Christians in these end days. He is the author or co-author of numerous books such as the best-seller, From Rock to Rock, Entertaining Spirits Unaware: The End-Time Occult Invasion, and Disarming the Powers of Darkness. Eric has written for or been interviewed by hundreds of print and electronic media outlets. For more information, visit his website at ericbarger.com.
Thanks for reading this article! If you enjoy the spiritually enriching articles on Spirit Life Magazine, please sign up to receive new articles via email immediately when they are posted simply by entering your email address in the "Articles Via Email" widget located on this page toward the top of the right-sidebar. Just below that widget is another widget—"Newsletter Sign-up"—you can use to subscribe to our newsletter we send out periodically to inform you of all our new articles and occasionally other information as well. Please know that we do not bombard your inbox with emails, and we hate SPAM just as much as you do, thus we will never sell/share your contact info with anyone else—rest assured it's safe with us! We hope you will subscribe to both lists because it's by far the easiest, fastest, and surest way to notify you of new posts. Thank you!
Spirit Life Magazine does not necessarily agree with the totality of the opinions, beliefs or philosophies of the authors of articles posted on the website, nor does the posting of articles represent an endorsement of authors other than our own authors/editors. Spirit Life Magazine is a publication of Real Truth Publications.
If you enjoyed this or any of the articles on Spirit Life Magazine, please click on the PayPal® Donate Button below to make a donation to help us with the costs of maintaining this online magazine. A PayPal® account is not required to use the PayPal® gateway, you can pay with debit/credit card or an e-Check from your bank. It's fast and secure! Thank you!